Tuesday, February 7, 2012

xbox 360 universal remote codes

We added cable after years on antenna, then added PC quad tuner and cableCARD, so now we navigate our channels through Windows Media Center (WMC) on our television screen. It is a huge improvement, allowing us to edit the program guide to suit our needs, omitting non-subscribed channels, duplicate listings and such. This setup also added whole-house DVR function, and we can go to recorded programs through WMC, as well.



We were able to navigate the new setup with an xBox game controller, so this type of remote is not an actual necessity. I bought it because I picked up a used xBox (with bad disk drive) for the exclusive purpose of serving up cable on a second TV set. Used xBox did not include any controllers, and I knew it would not be used for gaming (re: bad disk drive), so I decided this remote would be more suited for that xBox.

It works very well. This remote controls the xBox and the TV. The rectangular green button is a hot key into WMC, so I don't even go through the xBox dashboard. Once I'd used this, the game controller felt clunky for navigating in WMC.

I found myself bringing the remote from that "second" TV to the our main set. That was an imperfect fix, as I didn't want to "un-synch" the remote from the TV for which I bought it, but I missed being able to control volume on the main set using the single device.

Bought a second remote, exact same item. Both still work beautifully. Only difference was that the remote didn't synch as easily with our Panasonic TV as the first had with the Toshiba. Not a problem; we entered codes found on the xBox support site and found the right one for our set. That was the only inconvenience, and it was short-lived.

This remote was reasonably priced and I like it for getting around in WMC on a TV screen. Each device is also synched with its respective TV, one automatically and one manually. Obviously . . . I would (did) buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment