Saturday, February 11, 2012

Logitech 915-000162 Harmony 700 Rechargeable Remote

I read a bunch of reviews about this remote prior to purchase. I had some apprehension about it but went ahead and pulled the trigger on it when it was on sale. Boy, I wish I had done it sooner.



This remote was STUPID easy to set up. I am not the most "tech savy" guy in the world. Average maybe, and definetly impatient when it comes to frustrating set ups and use on modern electronics. This remote is amazingly simple to use.

I encountered no issues setting it up. Probably because I avoided high internet server traffic by choosing to do my set up at 4:00 am. Most complaints I read had to do with people trying to set it up during high traffic times (ie: the day after Christmas..lol). Sync issue only caught me once, and I simply had to reset the website (which took about five seconds) and WHAMMO...

The reports I read about slow operation of devices I also have not experienced. It is as fast as my factory remotes. Range and direction pointing is less sensitive than my factory remotes. Point this thing in the general area and it works flawlessly.

Turns on my Samsung tv, Yamaha Receiver, and Panasonic DVD player in about two seconds. Try doing that with three remotes.

Another nice feature is the remotes screen gives you the option to select a specific device and gives you COMPLETE access to the selected device's sub menus. This was a major concern for me, as I like to change my Yamaha's surround sound speaker volumes depending on the movie we are watching.

Oh, and yes it comes with a charger that you can plug into a wall socket or use a computers USB port. Your choice...

If you are on the fence about this remote like I was, and are instead using three remotes to watch a movie in your living room than STOP THE MADDNESS and get yourself one of these. Might just change your life.

I will report back in a couple of months on the durability. We are both adults over the age of 40 with no kids. So this should be a good test as it will not be abused, dropped, or thrown around. CHEERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment