Monday, February 13, 2012

Windows Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver

After reading many reviews on here, I decided that it would be worth trying. This remote works right out of the box with Windows 7 media center. All of the commands worked incredibly well, I had no issues.



My major concern with this remote was whether or not the dvd options would work, and they did. DVD menu button works, the skip chapters and fast forward work, everything really just worked without any issue.

Also, the mouse option isn't bad at all. It picks up speed the longer you press in on it (say if you want the mouse to move left, it'll begin slowly, and then speed up depending on how long you hold it down). It works incredibly well, I feel that many who had issues with it expecting it to zip the mouse all over the screen, which it doesn't unless you long press it.

I personally don't find the receiver really that irritating. The light does blink bright whenever you press a button, but I don't find it to be irritating. I personally don't just mash buttons on the remote while watching my DVD back ups, but then that's just me. The cable for the receiver is fairly short however, I'd recommend picking up a USB extension cable for it.

Overall, this is a great remote and money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment