Tuesday, February 7, 2012

logitech harmony 650 universal remote

I didn't know a remote control could be this amazing and do this many things. I've always found universal remotes frustrating because there were always a few buttons on your original remote that you wouldn't have on your universal. Not here. This thing is fully programmable, so that I could set every single button exactly as I wanted. Even better, the "watch tv" or "watch movie" settings allow you to use all of your devices at once. With the touch of one button, the TV, DVR, and surround sound all come on at once, the buttons will control whichever device you've programmed, and it even sets the TV to the right input.



Setup was easy. The software walks you through it. Write down all of your model numbers and their inputs into your TV before you start, and you can go from start to finish in 15 minutes. This is actually my second harmony remote. I have the harmony 300, which I thought was pretty great, but the 650 blows my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment