Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Logitech 915-000148 Harmony 200 universal remote

This is my third harmony. I bought it as a cheap replacement for a work tv, because the other universal remote I bought from amazon was completely useless and I could not even program my TV for scanning channels etc. (RCA universal).



At home I own the harmony one, and have had another higher end harmony so I definitely had my doubts on this remote working as well. Needless to say, they were unfounded. I had this remote up and running in minutes. I am VERY pleased. If you have some mild web savvy and have any experience with universal remotes, this is definitely a great choice!

PRO's
1. Actually nice remote. Solid Feel, buttons are quite responsive. Much better than the other reviewers said.
2. Easy setup. Yes you have to register. And no software because it's a web interface. And works VERY well. Better than my harmony one I would say.
3. Programmable extra keys are a breeze to setup. The web interface, you just drag n drop, and sync.
4. Overall, it just works. Almost that feeling you get with apple products. Little hassle, and works out of the box as advertised for super bargain price.

Cons:
1. Lights on remote really are pretty weak.
2. No chapter forward button, but can be easily corrected with custom programming and using the extra buttons. This took very little time to fix, although clearly a miss on Logitech's part.
3. Can only handle 3 devices, but I'm guessing that's very much on purpose and the reason this is such a bargain of a remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment